Sunday, April 4, 2010

Things to pray for, or how can i pray for you today?

So, today is the day that Christians of the world celebrate the resurrection of our Lord. What a great and magnificent day. I think it must have been quite an experience to open that tomb to find find nothing in it but emptiness.

We pray to God for all manner of things. We pray for health, wealth, comfort, joy, success, healing, and so many other things.

I have heard many people ask specifically, ""How can I pray for you today?"

Here is how you can pray for me today.

If you did not know, i am scheduled for my long vaunted back surgery....more specifically, the resection of my lumbar schwannoma. Tuesday at the crack of dawn is when i am scheduled to go in. The surgery itself is to be between two and four hours, and the recovery time will likely take between 4-6 weeks. I am scared, but i am confident in my doctor's capability.

Pray for my body to withstand the trauma of back surgery.
Pray for my doctor to have steady, confident hands that will do what God has meant for them to do.
Pray that my recovery will be quick.
Pray that the pain will be tolerable, if not minimal..
Pray that i will not get a cold while i am compromised.
Pray that my family will find comfort and confidence in each other.
Pray for the strength and courage of all the rest of my family.
Pray that there is no abnormal blood clotting during surgery and post op.
Pray that the anesthetic will do what it is supposed to do, and that it will not have too much of a "hangover" effect on me.
Pray that the tumor is benign and not a neurofibroma.
Pray that my kids will be safe while at their aunt's house.

Don't feel limited to just those requests. I am welcome to you praying for me however you see fit.

Most importantly, pray that this experience will bring my family closer to He whose resurrection we celebrate today.

And, let me know how i can pray for you. I will have lots of time to do it after the surgery. :-)

To lighten the mood a little, i got an iPad. Flame away.

I hope to talk to you soon!

Chris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will pray for all that and more. God is so good. He alone has made it possible that I am even sitting here and writing this to you. And there is no other day that shows His love for us better than today. I have not called, but I am here.
I love the book of Psalms- to me so melodic and comforting when I read them. Psalm 121:7 says: The Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life. That has been my prayer for you your whole life!! Take care and I will see you soon! Love, Jeny