I posted my Facebook status yesterday about marking some things off of a list.
Jack and Morgan had the Bucket List, so I have made the "Back-Cut list". It's kind of lame, but it seems to fit.
A few things that I have accomplished in the past couple of weeks:
-I finally got the casing up around the doors in the hall.
-I finally got a door in front of the water heater...so I could put casing around it.
-I finally got the casing around the doors painted.
-I got the crown molding painted. (Painter's putty is good, but it is not my friend. I am not good with it)
-I got 1/2 of the garage usable. Now Desiree can park her care in there, and my workbench is "clearer"
-I got a swing set transplanted and put into the back yard. Part of it was destroyed.
-I repaired the destroyed portion of the swing set.
-I put a gate at the front of our side yard. I now have a dog run. I can now begin to repair my destroyed backyard that Rascal (aka The Country Cousin) has, well, destroyed.
My last thing on the "Back Cut" list is to build a raised bed planter in our backyard. We will put some posts in it so we can have some tomatoes and other vined vegetables.
I have to get it completed this weekend. I have my surgery next Tuesday. I'm not as freaked about the surgery as I am about the recovery. But, meh.
It's weird having to plan for the unknown.
Plan for the best and prepare for the worst.
Getting a will and living will together.
Thinking about "those" decisions.
It's a bummer because I will be out of work for sometime. I hope that while I'm home, I get back in touch with my family.
We're reading a book called "The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs". If you have a family, or you don't and you like a pretty entertaining book, please get it. We love it. We will be finished by the weekend.
I hope that everyone is well. I will let you know how the vegetable garden, in the raised bed, turns out.
Until then - talk to you later.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment